EDGE DetectorTM is a waterproof dosimeter with a design that nearly eliminates the convolution of high dose gradient regions during profile and depth measurements. It is intended for measurement of fields as small as 5 mm up to 10 x 10 cm.
- Use for SRS and IMRT beam modeling, and TPS Commissioning
- SunPoint® Diode Detector technology
- 800 times smaller than micro ionization chambers
- 100 times more signal than micro ionization chambers
- Small size ideal for accurate penumbra characterization and steep gradients
- Works with all common water phantoms
Output factors measured for CyberKnife® beams at Dmax (6 MV)1
The EDGE Detector agrees with EBT film; even for the 5 mm cone.
The ion chambers clearly underestimate the output factors of the small beams.
PDD curves measured by different detectors for a 2 x 2 cm field (6 MV)1
The PDD curve measured by EDGE Detector agrees with those of the ion chambers.
EDGE Penumbra Comparison2
|Field Size||Energy||Penumbra measured (mm)|
|(cm x cm)||(MV)||EDGE||PinPoint|
|2 x 2||6||2.9||3.9|
|10 x 10||6||4.4||5.6|
EDGE Specification Comparison
|Detector type:||SunPoint® Diode Detector||Typical scanning ion chamber|
- “Sun Nuclear EDGE Detector Users Guide” pg. 23 – Mr. Daljit Saini and Mr. Anand Prabhu from CCC of Brevard, Melbourne, FL.; Dr. Ellen Wilcox at St. Francis Hospital, Hartford, CT.
- “Sun Nuclear EDGE Detector Users Guide” pg. 25 – courtesy of Ron Watts Ph. D.
PinPoint is a registered trademark of PTW Freiburg GmbH, IBA CC01 is a trademark of IBA Dosimetry Corporation. Exradin is a trademark of Standard Imaging Inc.
|Active Detection Area (mm):||0.8 x 0.8 0.3 from top 4.72 from end|
|Diode Die Location: (mm):||2.7 from side Location is indicated by cross hairs on top of the housing|
|Water Depth Equivalent (mm):||0.5|
|Housing Wall Thickness (mm):||0.13 brass|
|External Dimensions (mm):||3.8 x 5.5 x 38|
|Nominal Sensitivity (nC/Gy):||32.0|
|Impedance (Mohm):||>200 at 10 mV reverse bias/td>|
|Cable:||3.4 mm dia. x 1.8 m long, triax|
|Cable Connector:||BNC or TNC triax, or adapters upon request|