0.057 cc A1SL
The Exradin Miniature Shonka Thimble Chamber provides a perfect balance between fast scanning and point dose measurements within 1 cm in water, air, or other phantom material. The Model A1SL Thimble Chamber is the Slim-Line version of Model A1. It has the exact same internal dimensions and collecting volume as the Model A1, yet the entire chamber has the uniform diameter of 6.4 mm (0.250″), which is ideal when using a small phantom.
FAST, PRECISE MEASUREMENTS
The chamber features exceptional spatial resolution for relative dosimetry scanning and is capable of measuring small field sizes of 6 mm by 8 mm for accurate point dose measurements. Its waterproof construction makes it ideal for use in water phantoms. The chamber vents through a flexible tube that surrounds the triaxial cable, ensuring the collecting volume is in pressure equilibrium with the surroundings. The design assures there are no stem or voltage soakage effects, providing precise and reliable measurements.
DURABLE CONSTRUCTION, BUILT TO LAST
The Model A1SL is constructed of rugged C552 Shonka air-equivalent plastic, providing excellent conductivity and years of reliable use.
Features and Benefits
- Proven guard design yields stable, precise measurements and minimizes settling time by creating uniform field lines
- Shell, collector, and guard are all made of durable, long lasting Shonka conductive plastic
- Use of homogeneous material throughout the chamber minimizes perturbation of the beam due to the presence of the chamber and optimizes measurements
- Axially symmetric design of the chamber provides an uniform, isotropic response
- Inherent waterproof construction eliminates need for additional protective coverings
- Non-removable one piece stem for easy, precise positioning
- Additional build-up caps of C552, Delrin, and brass are available
- Ionization collection efficiency is always 99.9% or better
- Small collection volume allows for optimal spatial resolution and exact characterization of a small area of the beam in depth-dose measurements
- Collecting volume is 0.057 cc